Apart from maintaining the workflow, budget, and productivity, for an organization to be successful, it is essential and mandatory to meet deadlines and achieve given targets on time. For this to happen, proper records of employees, work hours, productivity statistics need to be tracked precisely. It may seem like a simple task that the management or HR department handles, but it is a daunting and stressful activity that must be accurately maintained. So, how will it be feasible to minimize the pressure and execute the task successfully? Here is where timesheet management plays an important role.
What is a Timesheet? Every organization uses timesheets to track employee working hours and measure productivity. But is the traditional timesheet exact and precise in keeping track of the workflow accurately? That is where an automated timesheet management system for the staffing and workflow process is required. It is necessary to adopt automated timesheets while recruiting and tracking employee work hours to monitor productivity and milestones achieved.
A timesheet is nothing more than a data table. It helps to track the time duration of a particular employee and their work hours spent during a specified period. Previously the legacy system of maintaining timesheets using pen and paper has become absolute and given rise to digital formats in the current workplace. Automation plays a vital role in speeding up the process quickly and with less human error. This method is, used to track work activity and duration dynamically from any location with any device.
Reasons to Use Automated Timesheet:
In the current scenario, where automation has become an integral part of the work culture, automating the recruiting process has reduced the workload of the HR department and the recruiting teams. Automation of timesheets and its management offers lots of reimbursement to the staffing industry, recruiters, or HR personnel.
- It lowers administrative overheads as it requires fewer workers to organize and maintain timesheets.
- As a new user, if an employee or a team member has any queries on how to maintain timesheets? They have a detailed user manual or pre-defined process of using it as per the corporate guidelines.
- Employees or users get automated approvals that were previously time-consuming to ensure the most productive approach to completing projects.
- HR staff can set separate schedules for several projects with a customized timesheet scheduling option that will generate the timesheets automatically based on pre-defined settings for all employee assignments.
- It allows consultants to maintain timesheets with few advanced features like autofill. With these automated features, reminders can be set-up, to gently notify consultants/employees to update the timesheets by email.
- The HR department can create and manage projects with all crucial requirements such as billing, invoicing, project status, and more.
- The best advantage of automating timesheets is to verify all the submitted or approved timesheets in a single place.
In general, a timesheet is the best way to determine employee skills and productivity and utilize them where it suits the most. It can additionally help to assign a project among the group members as per the workload. With this automated process, it is easy to estimate the cost of total hours.
As a popular tool in the staffing industry, TrackTalents ATS using the latest technology stack makes timesheet management a breeze. Whether it is billable or non-billable hours, sick, vacation, and bench hours, the user can track all these details effortlessly. It has various options as per user preferences, such as weekly, biweekly, or monthly tracking. Further, it is a cloud-based platform (SaaS) with the latest security encryption easily accessible from anywhere. TrackTalents ATS built-in feature of Timesheets is a preferred tool by many satisfied clients/customers for Timesheet automation.